Thursday, October 1, 2009

Do your REALLY fear God?

As I’m beginning to come into the knowledge of what it TRULLY means to fear the Lord. I looked at my personal life, and I can say that “I” did not fear Him. Most of us say that we do. But if we examine our true motives of why we do some of the things that we do. The results are devastating.

But for the most part WE want to walk in the Glory of God, but with all that junk in our heart it would kill us. I have recently learned, before the Glory is revealed, it has to be divine order. My pastor talked with me briefly about bringing order to my life. But I was looking at the things around me. Thinking that I needed to get things around me in order. But as I TRIED to do so, other things begin to happen: Attitude change, disposition change, finding myself still struggling in some areas. I begin to cry out to God, asking Him why is it like this? For a moment I didn’t get anything b/c I didn’t want to know what it was, due to fear of change. Then as I simply submitted to Him, I noticed that my heart was the thing that needed the order (badly).

Most of the time people don’t fear God enough to allow His divine order to evade their hearts. Instead they bring order to the things around them. Thinking that life would be better. That is irrelevant and disrespectful to the Spirit of God. Because we are so focused on OUR wants that we can’t even hear what the Spirit is telling us what to do. Or we find ourselves still struggling in the same areas when Jesus already died on the cross for that thing.

I can go on and on about why some of us don’t fear God. But I believe we should just simple start from the basics and allow ourselves to be pliable for His use. Or be judged!

1 comment:

  1. This is a wake up call to us as the Body of Christ.May Father truly bless you for your honesty and faithfulness. Keep it coming cause God is truly doing a NEW THING!!!

    ReplyDelete